Despite launching just over a year ago, the PlayStation 5 is still almost impossible to get hold of.
Much to the frustration of customers, the PlayStation 5 console sells out immediately after going on sale.
This has led to second-hand prices going through the roof, especially at places like eBay and CEX.
Fortunately, however, second-hand prices have started to drop, and just in time for Christmas.
At CEX, for example, a boxed PS5 can now be purchased for £695, compared to more than £800 at its peak.
It’s still a lot more expensive than buying a brand new PlayStation 5 console, but at least they’re actually in stock at CEX.
The PS5 is even cheaper on eBay, where PlayStation 5 consoles average between £500 and £650.
You’ll need to be careful when buying from eBay, making sure to check to seller’s review scores, closely reading the product description, and paying with a card.
Customers should also pay close attention to the postage costs when buying through eBay, as well as the estimated delivery times.
If you would rather risk it and buy a brand new console, then Express Online posts a weekly live blog featuring restock alerts.
PS5 UK restock alerts for GAME, PlayStation Direct, Argos and Amazon stock drops
You should also keep an eye on the newly launched PlayStation Direct website, where Sony sells PS5 consoles directly to customers.
The site offers fans the chance to purchase everything from PS Plus subscriptions and hardware, to games and accessories.
The US Direct website receives stock on a regular basis, so don’t be surprised to see a restock later this week.
In order to give yourself the best possible chance of securing a console, PS5 UK Stock Alerts recommends setting up a Sony account sooner rather than later.
More PS5 buying tips can be seen below.
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME…
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
Credit: Source link